Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update

Guess I didn't know what else to title this! Well, I had another Dr appt yesterday and he determined that I still don't look all that great (gee, thanks, huh)...but I knew what he meant! :) He added another medication to my stash, which has me up to 7 different medications/day (13 pills/day total). YIKES! That seems like a lot, but it must be done and we are still trying our very hardest to not open up the doors of chemo again. So, pills it is. The doc also ran some more tests yesterday:
Muscle Enzyme
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
and also testing my Potassium levels again

Right now, the plan is to just keep resting and trying to get my blood work to come down (the inflammation/enzyme) and up (the Vitamin/Mineral levels). It's getting a little frustrating to still be so sick, and yet I find peace. Peace like a river. It's hard to explain, and I think that's because the peace can only come from one source...God.

I will keep you updated as things change. Thanks to everyone for the emails/prayers/phone calls...I love them!

Oh, and on a truly positive note...I got into all of my Dietetics Classes! When I got my Nutrition Degree, there were 4 classes that I was missing to get my Registered Dietetician (therapy/counseling classes). I got into all of the classes through Univ of Northern Colorado. I start May 18th and will be done in August. Then, in January I will begin the Internship Application process and by June of next year I will be in my Dietetic Internship (which should last 6 months). I'm so very excited about this! :)

I would not be able to hang on and do all of this without the support of my wonderful hubby! He truly takes such wonderful care of me. He stays up and takes care of me in the late hours of night, among doing the other countless things to help out (dishes, laundry, yard work). He is truly a wonderful man!! Thank you, honey! I love you so much!!!

Ending with scripture...

Ps 4:8 "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

Thankful for the peace,
Amanda

No comments: