Sunday, April 12, 2009

CHRIST IS RISEN, HE IS RISEN INDEED!


A VERY Happy and Blessed Easter to everyone! We went to the Easter Vigil lastnight and it was as beautiful as ever. We saw over 20 people baptized and confirmed into the Church (just as my hubby Aaron did 2 years ago), and it's just amazing to see these men, women and children proclaiming their faith! Today is Easter Sunday, and once again I woke up realizing that the fact at hand is...CHRIST DIED FOR US...all of us. Whatever pain/suffering we might be going through, well, is temporary. And, we must go through this suffering on earth to be reunited with Christ in Heaven where we will live Eternally!

I did not fall asleep until about 3:40 this morning (that was the last time I looked at the clock, anyway). My legs were in a great deal of pain as was the rest of my body. And as I was trying so hard to fall asleep, I caught myself talking to Jesus. Thanking HIM for blessing my life with this illness. God is not surprised that I am feeling sick, and HE has a plan for me going through this. So...yes, I tried very hard to get to sleep, but at the same time prayed and talked to God while I was awake in the wee hours of the morning. I thanked HIM for the Cross, for HIS never ending LOVE and great GRACE and MERCY.


A VERY Happy and Blessed Easter to you ALL! May God enrich your lives and may you be reminded of the very reason you are meeting with family/friends today to eat all the wonderful food and socialize! :)


It's time for me to set the table and get ready for the festivities. We are hosting Easter Dinner at our place today. My only job was to cook a ham which consisted of throwing in the crock pot. Everyone else is bringing a dish to complete the meal...my mouth is watering! :) OK...blessings to all!


Col 3:1-4
Since you have been raised up to be with Christ, you must look for the things that are above, where Christ is, sitting at God's right hand. Let your thoughts be on things above, not on the things that are on the earth, because you have died, and now the life you have is hidden with Christ in God. But when Christ is revealed -- and he is your life-you, too, will be revealed with him in glory.


Happy Easter,

Amanda

No comments: