Friday, March 12, 2010

Vegas

Well, Vegas was a great time! We got there at 9AM on Monday March 1st and did not even have to wait to check-in to our room (which was so nice)!! Then, we got a FREE upgrade to a spa suite which was the best thing! It was great to be able to come back to the hotel from a fun-filled (all-be-it FULL) day of walking, shopping and ofcourse gambling and be able to kick back in the hot tub and watch TV. Plus, we kept the hot tub filled each night which added the bonus of increasing the level of humidity in the room (something that is good for my dry lungs). And I think it was because of the hot tub in our room that I did not get sick while in Vegas. Some pics of our room and the view we had!

A couple of views of the strip from our room and inside our room!


Aaron was the one who gambled (I'm terrible with gambling). He only plays Roulette and always has a set amount that he spends out-of-pocket in Vegas and if he wins, great and if not he stops (which is nice so he doesn't drain the bank)! :) He ended up coming out well ahead of what he laid on the roulette table and made enough in gambling earnings to pay for all of the meals we had, the show that we went to, and part of the hotel...so that was nice.

Inside Ceasar's Palace

M&M World!

One really exciting thing that happened while we were in Vegas was that we got to meet Dick Butkus (played for the Chicago Bears NFL team). Aaron is a Bears fanatic, so this was like heaven for him. He signed a picture that Aaron purchased and then just sat and chatted with both Aaron and me for about 20 mins. He was very down-to-earth and humble...just a really great time! Here is a pic of us meeting with Mr. Butkus!

We went and saw a Hypnotist (Anthony Cools) while we were out there. He was hilarious! The stuff that he had some of the people doing was just so funny I almost cried! It was hard to come back from Vegas, but it's back to routine and that's nice. Well, I best be going. Hope all is well with everyone! Take care and I'll try to write again soon.


Amanda

2 comments:

Laura said...

WELCOME HOME!!

Sounds like you and Aaron had a fantastic time in Vegas! Also sounds like most of your get away was paid for by Aarons winning! I think that even makes it better :)

I always like to hear of free upgrades!

Thank-you for givng me the heads up to ask for a cook book. This is all so complicated to us.

Tinkerbells only eats a few (about 5) things as it is and of course they ALL have gluten and such in them. So this is going to a big change for all of us.

Much love and prayers.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy

Laura said...

Hello

I had a few minutes to catch up on some of our friends.

Thought I would stop in and see if you updates. I guess that was wishful thinking on my part :)

I hear you guys got alot of snow yesterday?

We are well into spring and have been for several months now! My husband and I where talking the other day. Wondering why we put the snow tires on the car. This is the first year we did not need them (almost).

But greatful for a pretty easy winter.

Much love and prayers sent your way.

Laura - Tinkerbells mommy