Monday, December 22, 2008

With a (Liz) Wink and a Smile!!!

I wasn't going to post before Christmas, but this Liz Wink is just too darn cute to NOT share (ofcourse, what Liz Winks aren't cute...they are all just in God's perfect timing and Liz's unique ability to always put a smile on my face!! This Liz Wink involves my dear friend, Katie (my maid of honor). I think Liz and God were helping her out to help me out and she didn't even know it.

Well, God (and Liz) have a way of just "doing things" and continuing to bless me!! For the last few weeks, I was needing both a Liz Wink and a Calendar (but not at the same time or for the same reasons...LOL!)!

So, our friend Ryan (best man @ our wedding) went to the airport today to fly back home (Va) for Christmas. So, he dropped his vehicle off at our house while he's gone (since we will be picking him up from the airport next week). Meanwhile, we couldn't take him to the airport today so another friend of ours took him to the airport (so that Ryan could leave his vehicle here at our house). That friend came back and apparently left Ryan's car keys on the table on our front deck. So, I guess he called my hubby (Aaron) to let him know. So, Aaron called me and asked me to grab the keys out on the deck. OK. Well, I stepped outside to get the keys and low-and-behold there is a package for me from my friend with a PINK envelope (my Liz Wink...I needed that for this biochem class I'm taking, along with my job situation)!! I opened the present and was blown away by the contents! A 2009 calendar with pictures of me and Aaron!!!!!!!!!!! OMG..I have been "trying" to "make" a 2009 calendar with wedding pics for WEEKS now and have failed miserably (my inability to be creative)!!! But wouldn't ya know...Katie, God and Liz ALL came through (with help from Liz on this idea...no doubt)! She knew I needed both the PINK Liz Wink and the Calendar with pics of me and Aaron!!! How incredibly cool is that?!
Here are some pics of the calendar:
Thank you a million, Katie! I LOVE it and will treasure it forever!!!! I'm so fortunate to have a friend like you!!

Now, for those of you that do not know Katie...she is getting married in November. BUT...not just any day in November, she is getting married on November 14 (which is Liz's heaven Anniversary). I got married on Liz's b-day and my friend (and Maid-of-Honor) Katie is getting married on Liz's "heaven anniversary". Katie didn't even realize that was the date for Liz's anniversary until I told her, but it's so meant to be and we are so excited and know that Liz will be watching over Katie and her fiance' Nick for years to come!

Incase I don't update again before Christmas, I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Love,
Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully done calendar - truly a special gift! I hope your first married Christmas was wonderful!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love that you posted the Pics, Amanda! YAY! Congrats again on your marriage, and the calendar was the least I could do for a gift for you and Aaron!
Love you both!!