Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tis the Season...

Hello friends!
Well, once again it has been a while since I've updated. I just feel like there's so much to write on that I guess I get a little overwhelmed with it all. First...Aaron had his appt with the back surgeon on Nov 26. The verdict on surgery..."yes and no"! The dr said surgery is needed. Aaron asked if he could try PT. The dr agreed to that, so Aaron will have PT 2x/week for a year with x-rays every 6 months. He will be re-examined at the x-ray dates and if the vertebrae has moved at all, then surgery will be a must...but it gives us both a year.

Now, Thanksgiving! I just LOVE this time of year! Aaron and I help out with the Turkey Trot (5k run to raise money for heart disease). The Northern Colo Medical Center Cardiac Dept puts this on and Aaron and I work the Timing/Scoring side of it. Sure, we have to wake up early on a holiday, but it really is a lot of fun! There were over 2,000 runners and the entire race from start to finish lasted about 2 hours...not bad. Then we went to Aaron's parents to eat and the food was wonderful! Aaron's sister, brother-in-law, nieces, some cousins, his aunt/uncle and parents were there. Ate a lot and then watched football...always fun! :)

I ended up gettging really sick the rest of the weekend, so I didn't even get out of bed Friday-Sunday. I was glad to be feeling good on Turkey Day itself. :)

Now we are onto Advent and preparing for Christmas. We are getting new carpet this year (on Sunday), so I have to wait with the decorating until after that. But that's OK because this week is finals week for me and that has be busy to my very core. So, I will decorate when finals are done.

And speaking of blessings and thanksgiving, I'm just reminded how very blessed we are! There are blessings happening all around us! One of which I might mention is going to happen on Dec 26th. Our dear friends Ryan and Janie will have their marriage blessed in the church. They have been waiting for an annulment to go through and they finally got word in October that it indeed has been approved and they will be getting their marriage blessed! We are SO excited for them! We have been praying for them non-stop for the last 2 years and our prayers have been answered! And speaking of blessings and marriage, my dear friend Katie got engaged on Nov 5th! :) No date set yet, but she deserves all the happiness in the world and I am so glad she has found someone who is so right for her! We rejoice that the prayers have been answered for Ryan and Janie, and for Nick and Katie!
Ryan and Janie (on the left ofcourse) :)

Nick and Katie

Aaron and I are thankful for so much! Especially during this time of official "recession". We both have full-time jobs, a warm house and food to eat. We get to celebrate Christmas and the REAL meaning of it and on top of it...our first Christmas as a married couple! It's so wonderful!

Ok my dear loved ones...this has been quite the update. I hope to post with some pictures soon once the house is decorated. Until then, enjoy this time with those you love and count your blessings (whatever they may be).

Love,
Amanda

No comments: